Choosing Your Wedding Day Squad
After the engagement there are a lot of things to consider when planning a wedding. One of those things is choosing your “people!” I like to refer to them as your personal day squad. With any squad, you need Squad Goals! One of the most important things to think of when choosing your wedding party is setting realistic expectations and goals for each member.
A few things to do before asking away:
- Make sure you want that person to be a part of your wedding day in the capacity of a wedding party member. You can’t really go back on asking someone, even if they are not turning out to be as helpful as you had hoped.
- List out your wedding party expectations. Do you want help with everything pertaining to the wedding? Do you just want them to be there to celebrate with you? If you can be clear with what you are wanting, that will be very helpful.
- Give them some things to be in charge of the day of the wedding. Your squad will probably be ready way before you are and then they will just be sitting around if not given tasks to help out. Squad members typically like having activities to be in charge of. It helps them feel connected to your vision.
- Don’t let gender be a deciding factor. If your best person is a man/woman, there is nothing wrong with mixing up the genders on your squad.
- Last but not least, can you envision having a lot of fun with your squad. In the end, you want to make sure they are supportive and fun and make your life easier!
Photograph courtesy of http://julietashleyphoto.com/
Wedding of Chelsea and Dan @ the Ashland Springs Hotel. Their Real Wedding story will be coming shortly