Enjoy the 220 acre ski and snowboard wonderland perfectly situated just off of exit 6 on I-5, and 20 miles from our hotel. Soaring at 7,500+ feet, it’s the highest point in the Siskiyou Mountain range. After a day on the slopes, enjoy our groovy property with scenic views of Ashland. Learn more
- Historic Mountain Lodge featuring a full service cafe and bar, affordable ski passes, full rental and retail shop, and ski school.
- Average snowfall of over 265″
- All ability levels welcome! Vertical drop of 1,150 feet and plenty of open-bowl skiing.
- 23 runs to choose from, the majority geared to intermediate and advanced skiers.
- Separate beginner area near the lodge that’s ideal for learning how to ski.
- Programs for both younger and older kids are offered – private lessons available.
- Main trails are served by two triple and two double chairs, and the beginner area has a rope tow.
- Snowshoeing trails for all ability levels
- Sledding for kids
Crater Lake National Park
Explore one of the seven wonders of Oregon! No place on earth combines a deep, pure lake, so blue in color; sheer surrounding cliffs, almost two thousand feet high; two picturesque islands; and a violent volcanic past. At 1,943 feet deep, Crater Lake is the seventh deepest lake in the world and the deepest in the United States. It lies inside a volcanic basin, created when Mount Mazama erupted over 7,000 years ago. Learn more
- Cross country skiing tours
- 9 different skiing trails available
- Snowmobiling is available just outside the boundaries of the national park
- 79 scenic miles from Ashland Hills Hotel along The Rogue Umpqua Scenic Byway – known as the “highway of waterfalls” to Crater Lake.
Winter Fishing / Snowmobiling / Mountain Lakes
The diversity of the Southern Oregon landscape offers out-door winter adventure for everyone. Come December through the winter months and enjoy legendary steelhead runs on the Rogue River, or enjoy beautiful views of Mount Mcloughlin from Lake of the Woods. Epic snowmobiling, cross country skiing, snowshoe and hiking trails available. Take in 34 scenic miles to the Rogue River or Lake of the Woods. Learn more
Ice Skating at Lithia Park
Experience the winter magic of Ashland at one of the most charming parks in Southern Oregon. Situated along Ashland Creek, the partly enclosed ice rink is perfect for all ages and ability levels. Enjoy a romantic date under the twinkling lights, or grab the whole family and enjoy family skate or “frozen tots” time. Bring your own skates or rentals available. Ice rink opens in mid-November through the winter months. Located just steps from our hotel. Learn more